For over 20 years fuels have been treated for various performance enhancing purposes across Western Europe and North America, and spread throughout most of the rest of the world.
Modern engines (year 2000 onwards) have now been designed to have optimum efficiency using fuels with performance additives, while the latest engine technology requires highly specialised low sulphur fuels.
West Africa has not been left behind, however the use of additives is still very low.
Engine manufacturers have expressed concern of the performance of their new engines using poor quality and untreated fuels in Africa.
Eunisell Chemicals now have Lubrizol’s fuel additive range available in our warehouses allowing fuel marketers, however small, to launch their own high performance fuels or blend after market fuel treatment products.
Our products offer three definitive benefits
- Fuel economy
- Highly specialised friction modifiers in the fuel additives help to reduce the friction in the engine, and thus improve the overall fuel consumption.
- Deposit cleanliness
- Cleaning up and keeping clean carbon deposits that form on inlet valves, exhaust valves and injectors.
- Maintain as new injector performance.
- Promote smoother and more efficient combustion.
- Avoid power loss over time.
- Avoids fuel consumption increase over time (due to less efficient combustion).
- Savings on injector replacements.
- Improved emissions profile.
- Secondary benefits
- Corrosion protection of fuel system.
- Elimination of foaming.
- Better water separation.
Eunisell Chemicals also have, in our fuel range, dyes and biocides for diesel fuels.